Friday, April 11, 2014

Bunny Bibs




Our move is coming up soon - I know I keep saying that, but it's true - so I was going through my phone making sure that I have uploaded photos of past projects in case they somehow get deleted. Yes, I am super paranoid about something awful happening to my phone. As a result, I found these bunny bibs that I made for my niece ages ago. I adore them so super much!

I started by drafting a pattern for them using a bib that fit T well at that time. It was actually a bib that a friend had made for T before he was born. I love it!


I started with that general shape and size, but then tweaked it to get a bunny shape. I was planning on (and did) connect the ears with a ribbon, so they didn't have to go in towards the center too much.


After cutting out my face fabric, all double gauze, I embroidered their little faces on. I did the outline of the inner ear, eyes, a mouth and I used a scrap of fabric for a little nose, emroidering that on as well.


Here is a close-up of one of the faces. After getting the face done, I basted on the tying ribbons.


For the underside of the bib, I used an organic terry cloth. I sewed it on and then cut around the curves - pretty much the entire bib.


Finally I flipped them right side out and top stitched around. I love how these turned out. I haven't actually seen them on the baby to make sure the fit is good, so I am not 100% sure on them. I don't know why I didn't think to try them on T, as T and his cousin are less than four months apart.

I remember when I made them this one was my least favorite. I don't know if it is the color of the fabric or something in how I did the face, but compared to the others it just didn't look as cute to me once it was finished.


I liked this one quite a bit.


But this flowered one was my favorite. Looking at them now, however, I ADORE the colored dots on cream bunny. I think maybe the way her face stands out looks so sweet to me.

 
 
T is eight months today, which means his little girl cousin is nearly 5 months. Maybe she'll get teeth soon and be all slobbery? Maybe she'll be starting solids soon? Hopefully these little bibs will get some use on that little cutie! I hope her mom and dad love these little bunny bibs as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment