Friday, January 31, 2014

LeSportsac Rip-Off #4




Earlier in the week, I posted about a little bag that I made for a friend - it was my LeSportsac Rip-Off version 3.0. It turns out that after opening and closing my beloved original one multiple times a day, the zipper gave out. I have never seen a zipper rip apart from itself the way this one did, but needless to say I needed to make myself a new bag.


I bought the cassette fabric ages ago and had been waiting for the right project to use it. I absolutely adore it, so it was a difficult decision to make, but I finally settled on using it as the lining of this bag. At the same time that I went shopping for version 3.0's fabric (read: months ago), I bought the outer fabric for mine as well. Ugh, I love this fabric as well. I adore how the bright colors are so perfect together, yet the themes of the fabric are so very different.


I did this bag the same as all of the others, except I thought I would add a small pocket to the outside as well for the odd reciept. It turns out that I don't use it at all and it was a bit of a waste. From now on I will just stick to the inner pocket only.


I am so stoked on how this bag turned out. More than anything, I am happy to have a bag that things don't fall out of and that I don't have to adjust the zipper perfectly to either open or close the bag - it started to get a bit stressful in the grocery store lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment