Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bento Thursday - Quesadillas & Cars




Monday was a public holiday here in Japan, so K went to school on Wednesday instead of Monday. As a result, it was the first time for him to go to school two days in a row. I was half expecting it to be a complete disaster, but I actually think it was easier. The only (minor) challenge was that we had to plan the bento on Tuesday even though he didn't eat it until today. He hates school lunch, so he was a bit bummed about having that on Wednesday instead of his bento. Oh well.

I asked him what he wanted and he requested corn, cucumbers, sausage and circle quesadillas. I had no idea what he meant by circle quesadillas, so I asked. He responded that they are quesadillas that are in the shape of a circle. Still slightly confused, "have you ever eaten a circle quesadilla before?" "No." So, I made a quesadilla and then used circle cookie cutters to cut them up. Whatevs. Since it was a pretty lame looking bento, I made the sausage into a little car. I also added some pineapple for good measure.

 
As per usual, Y's was pretty boring - rice with salmon flakes, corn, cucumber, octopus-shaped sausages and pork and veggies in a sweet and sour sauce of sorts. Boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment