Friday, September 13, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Cookies




Going to the grocery store has, quite frankly, become a production. K inevitably wants to ride his bike and I don't feel that T is ready for a stroller yet. As a result, I carry T in a wrap while K speeds around on his bike. He is pretty good about stopping at the "stop points" that we set together way back when I was pregnant, but those points are pretty far apart and now with me carrying T, neighbors continuously stop me to say congratulations and ask after the little one. This means that K gets pretty antsy waiting for me and things fall apart pretty quickly.

I was in the mood for a sweet treat, however, and remembered a recipe that I saw on Facebook for simple, four ingredient cookies - all things I already had in my house. I was a tad skeptical, given that it seemed a bit too simple to actually work and/or taste good. I was pleasantly surprised, as was K.

The cookies start by mashing up three bananas.


Then add a cup of oats and a spoonful of peanut butter (seriously, the "recipe" said a spoonful, not a tablespoon or some other standard measurement, a spoonful - so I just threw some in).


Stir all of that up until it is kind of like cookie batter.


Then stir in a half a cup of chocolate chips.


At this point, I was thinking, "Wow! This might actually work..."


Drop clumps onto a baking sheet and bake at 180C for 13 minutes.


Then pull them out and take a bite.

 
The cookies were good. They weren't your standard super sweet cookie, but that was to be expected. They were, however, quite tasty. The bananas browned a bit in the oven and I feel like they browned even more during the two days it took us to eat them. I didn't mind it, neither did K, but if you are making them to serve to others (these would be great for a peanut-allergy-free playdate), you might want to keep that in mind. I imagine you could play around with the ingredients and just use one banana if you just wanted a few cookies.
 
My favorite thing about the cookies is that really, it's just like eating oatmeal and hence a gives one a perfect excuse to eat cookies for breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment