Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bento Thursday - Y's Shinkansen




A few weeks ago I posted about how Y was sad that I had never made him a Shinsansen bento. Well folks, today was the day - Y got his very own Hayabusa bento! It was a pretty simply bento of corn on the cob, potato salad, mini cheeseburgers, cherry tomatoes and the Shinkansen.

 
For the Hayabusa, I mixed salmon furikake into white rice to make the bottom half of the train. I know it is really just white, but just white rice seemed a bit boring for Y. The top half of the Hayabusa onigiri was mixed with a vegetable furikake to make it green. Then I added nori windows and a little line of flaked salmon for the pink stripe in the middle.
 
Y said it all held together and was still in Hayabusa shape by the time he ate it. Wahoo!! No word on whether or not he wants a Shinkansen - Redux bento, but I'll be sure to let you know if it happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment