Thursday, April 25, 2013

Steamed Banana and Chocolate Bread




Today was K's first full day of preschool. He got on the bus at 7:53 in the morning and I picked him up at the bus stop at 2:26. As awful as it sounds, a day to myself was glorious. I took out the trash, did the laundry, cleaned the house in record time, went for a walk, then to the grocery store, and finally to another shop, made and ate my lunch, made dinner, and then since I had some time before heading to the bus stop I made K a treat for after school - steamed banana and chocolate bread.

As today was a full day, he had school lunch. This had me a tad worried because K can be a tad picky about his food. I really wasn't sure if he would eat anything, so I thought having a nice snack at the ready would be a good idea. Turns out he had sandwiches, one of them (from what I can gather) was egg salad. The concept of eggs in a sandwich cracked him up. What a nutter.


Anyway, for the steamed breads, I started by mixing up 150g of flour, 5g of baking powder, 30g of sugar and a pinch of salt.


Then I added 150ml of milk and a tablespoon of vegetable oil.


Once that was all nice and mixed, I roughly chopped up a banana and also threw in a small handful of mini chocolate chips.


Once that was all mixed up I spooned a little into cupcake papers and then put them in my oven on the steam setting for 20 minutes.


They spread out a lot, and don't look much like little cupcake breads at all, but they were really quite tasty. I'm wondering if I could put them in cupcake tins and then steam them. Otherwise, I need to invest in some stronger cups to steam them in.

 
Either way, it really didn't matter. K was stoked on them and that is all that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment