Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Cups


Post two of the Baby Shower!

Ages ago, B wrote a post about the "interesting" stuff people had said to her. The post ended with B deciding it might be a good idea to cut back on peanut butter - after eating the last of her Reese's.

Reese's are somewhat of a luxury for us North Americans, as we all love them, yet can't buy them here. So I decided to make them!

I found a recipe on Epicurious and it seemed delish. It's peanut butter and chocolate...what could go wrong? Nothing!! These are delicious.

I couldn't find any big wrappers, so I used mini ones. As a result, I halved the recipe from the start. You start by making the peanut butter filling. I assumed it would get hard enough to make little balls out of, but it doesn't. It's obviously not a big deal, but just so that you know.


While the filling is cooling, I melted about 1/3 of the chocolate, put just a bit in the bottoms of each cup and gave it a bit of a swirl. Then I cooled the cups.


Once those were cooled, I added a tiny bit of the peanut butter mixture. Then decided they could be filled a bit more and went back and added as much as possible.


After that, I melted the rest of the chocolate, filled the cups up, chilled them and we were ready to go!


These ended up really good. The filling is a bit creamier than what I am used to, so while they aren't replicas, they were still really nice. And certainly hit the spot. Luckily, the guests at the baby shower didn't end up eating all of them (the recipe made a whole heap), so Y, K and my younger brother had some once they got home. There are still a few left. Hmmm...maybe I need a PB and chocolate fix?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment