Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Comfort Cookies


I had a bit of a rough week last week and needed some comfort in food/baked form. I was so tempted to just skip baking, dip a spoon into a jar of peanut butter, sprinkle it with M&Ms and then chomp on, but something about that sounded gross to me and I was afraid I'd end up feeling worse if I actually did that. Instead I looked up a recipe for peanut butter M&M cookies and was very pleased.

The photos on the link are so pretty, with the little morsels of goodness displayed prominently at the top, but I didn't really care how they looked, so was pretty careless while mixing and portioning out the cookies. To be honest, I just wanted to get the little guys baked so I could comfort myself with cookies, i.e. shove my face with peanut butter and chocolate.


The first sheets I baked, I just rolled out tablespoons into little balls and plopped them on the cookie sheet, expecting them to spread out quite a bit. They hardly spread and baked into puffy, little mounds that looked quite cute, but not like a standard cookie.


As above, while I was fairly unconcerned with aesthetics, I tried smashing down the little ball a bit and then putting them on the sheet to bake. I liked how these looked much more than the others.


Quite obviously, they taste the same. And they are delicious. The mounds are a tad faster to make, but I certainly didn't waste a whole heap of time giving a bit of a smash to the flatter ones.


In need of a bit of PB and chocolate cookie comfort? This recipe's a winner. I followed it exactly (baking for only 8 and a half minutes) and they were a perfect texture for me - soft and a bit chewy. Yum yum!!

2 comments:

  1. How did you resist just eating the cookie dough?! I love your blog, btw. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry, I had my fair share of the dough as well. That being said, my mom instilled a great fear of raw eggs in me - I still haven't outgrown it completely. I imagine I'm ok, however, as my husband cracks an egg on a warm bowl of rice and he's fine. Eeeks!!

      Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. It's been such fun writing it!!

      Delete