Wednesday, September 5, 2012

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies





As I mentioned earlier in the week, the weather has cooled off slightly, so I am back to baking!!

Months ago, we made a Costco run and I bought a gargantuan bag of dried cranberries. I love dried cranberries. On the back of the bag were a few recipes, one of them included was this cookie recipe. I'd been wanting to try them, but kept forgetting. I am near the bottom of the bag, however, so it is now or never.

The recipe is simple. Cream 150g of butter with 2/3 cup of brown sugar. Then mix in two eggs.




In a separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of each flour and oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Slowly mix that to the butter/sugar/eggs.




Once it's all mixed in, add 2/3 cup white chocolate chips or chunks and 1 1/4 cup dried cranberries.




I dropped 1/2 tablespoons worth of dough onto the cookie sheet and baked them for 8 minutes, 30 seconds on 180C.




The cookies are good, but I wouldn't call them great. Because of the 1:1 ratio of flour and oatmeal, they are pretty cake-y and you can hardly taste the oats. I'd probably add more oats, less flour the next time.

Also, I don't think there is enough white chocolate. I'll either add more next round, or drizzle them with white chocolate once they are baked.

All that being said, however, I've certainly eaten my fair share of these. They are nearly gone!! Off to go have a few more.

Ahhhh, how I missed baking.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment