Monday, September 10, 2012

Pink Hamster...of course





I teach English to a few little girls each week. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know the story here. During the lessons, the girls get points for correct answers and such. Once they get 200 points, they can request something, typically made out of felt. Their requests have spanned everything from cakes, to Santa Claus, to roses -- and this time a pink hamster.

What seven-year old doesn't need a pink hamster in her life?!?

To be honest, I don't even really know what a hamster looks like, but luckily google does. In fact, I found a blog where someone made a felt hamster! Total jackpot!!

The blog included a template to print and use, but I couldn't be bothered. Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out quite as hamster-y as the original, but I showed it to my little student today and she was stoked.

Before sewing it all together, I thought it looked fairly similar to a hamster.




But little by little, that began to change.




I'm not sure what the problem actually is, but she kind of looks like a hamster/bear hybrid.




Maybe the stuffing made her look too thin? Maybe her eyes aren't beady enough? Maybe the placement of her mouth/nose is off? Maybe her legs aren't stumpy enough?




I really don't know, but to be honest, I'm ok with her and as above, the little girl loved her. I'd recommend, however, that if you need a felt hamster of your own, you just print off the template and go from there.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment