Friday, July 13, 2012

What happens if K gets lost in the mountains?





As I've mentioned before, Fuji Rock is coming up. We have less than two weeks until we are playing in the mountains and listening to music all day long.

Although the festival is called "Fuji Rock," it is actually held in Niigata at the Naeba Ski Park. It's huge! There are thirteen stages scattered across the Ski Park. Some you have to hike through forests to get to some, others you take a 15 minute gondola ride.

K is at a point where he loves running. He and his friends could chase each other in circles and be entertained for hours. I'm a tad freaked out that he is going to go tearing off into the woods and I'll never find him again.

Although cell reception there is pretty crap, you can usually get through after a couple of tries. Hence, a name tag with our cell phone numbers could help in the case that I lose my child. Fingers crossed this little project will prove to be a huge waste of time.

I made the nametag similar to the little pouch I made for K's magnet cars.




It downpours every year at Fuji Rock, so I made the name tag out of vinyl fabric and with a Velcro closing. I also sewed on a little tab to hold a safety pin.




We are going with another family whose son is four months older than K. I made a name tag for him as well. Eeek!! They have matching name tags. I think it's adorable!!

If anyone else is afraid of losing their children this summer, let me know and I'll show you exactly what I did to make these.

We are going over to the friend's house this weekend to hash out plans for the trip. I'm getting so excited, but there's so much I want to get done. Wish me luck!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment