Monday, July 2, 2012

My Mom's the Bomb





My mom is the best.

When it was my dad's birthday I told you all about what a great man he is. When it was my mom's birthday, I told you all that she likes wine.

I wanted to write more about how amazing my mom is, but how do you explain the one person in the world that you most look up to? I really didn't know where to start, so I just ignored it. Ever since I hit "post" on my mom's birthday gift post, I've felt awful. I didn't paint the glowing picture of my mom that I think the whole world should see.

My mom is fun. She is loving and caring and compassionate (good luck fitting compassionate on a cookie).




She is adventurous. Just after marrying my dad, she moved to Mexico City without knowing any Spanish or anyone besides my dad.

She is intelligent. She is funny and warm and helpful.




She is strong. She gave birth to five babies (one of whom was 10 pounds at birth - I'm looking at you, Jandro) and raised us to become the individuals that we now are.

She is courageous and beautiful. She is a million different things I could never fit on a cookie. But to me, most importantly, she is loved.




I recently came across the quote about how as a parent it is your job to give your kids roots and wings. My mom did this a million times over.

Whenever I have a problem, she is always there to help. I know that if I need her, she will be there for me. More than that, though, she taught me how to take care of myself, to have confidence in myself and to trust myself.

My mom is proud of me and my accomplishments. She is my biggest cheerleader. She encouraged me to move halfway around the world so that I could explore new things. (I wonder if she sometimes kicks herself for encouraging me so much!) In the end though, I think she knows that this life is the life I was meant to have. She knows how happy I am here and my mom has always puts her children before herself. I know my mom is happy for me.

I love you, Mommy.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Anna! Hugs! to you and your mommy =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie!! Hopefully we can be as great to our children as our moms were/are to us. ;)

      Delete