Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rainbow Granny Square Bag





One of my very best friend's daughter turned 4 today. Niina (the daughter) is cute as can be and always so super sweet to K. K ADORES her. Whenever we pass their condo complex, he can't help but ask if we are going to play with her. Now she's in kindergarten and I think he's really missing her. He "calls" her nearly every day on one of his play phones. It's hilarious.

Anyway, the kanji for little Niina's name means "rainbow comes". It's the middle of rainy season here, so it's such a sweet, happy, bright name. That being said, I have never been much of a rainbow girl myself, but I can't look at this yarn and not smile.




Niina's mom is an excellent sewer, but she doesn't crochet. So a crochet rainbow bag sounded like the perfect gift for Niina.




I had never done a granny square before, but they really are quite simple, thanks to the Internet.




I started out with eight rainbow granny squares, then edged them in white and sewed them together.




I had no idea how long to make the strap; instead I made button holes so that it is adjustable. I think it's a cute idea as she can wear it a few ways and even as she gets older if she wants.




Niina has two Disney baby princess dolls that she loves. I thought it'd be cute if the dolls each had a granny square bag as well.




Eeeek!! They are so tiny - I think they're adorable!!

Now Niina and her dolls can match handbags.




Happy Birthday, Niina!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. thank you soooooooooo much!
    we are sooooooo happy!
    niina likes them♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy Niina likes them. They were such fun to make for her!! :)

      Delete