Saturday, March 31, 2012

K's Birthday Present (Part 2)

This week I finished up wall three of K's table tent. I am super stoked with how it turned out. The window was a bit of a challenge, but it got done. I am planning a window for wall four and am already dreading that bit. I was wrong in my math, so the curtain (it's rolled up in this photo) wasn't as I was envisioning, but it works so it's all good. The main bit on the wall is of course the vegetable garden. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the veggies turned out.


I think they are simply adorable! I started with the romaine and was a bit stumped as to how to do it, so it is quite 2D, but I still think it's cute.


Next up were the carrots.


Then were the onions (I think these are my favorite!).


And finally the potatoes. I didn't know what veggies I wanted to do, but before leaving Japan I bought felt in a bunch of different colors. My sister recommended daikon (Japanese white radish) which would have been so cute, but I didn't have any white felt. I ended up with some extra brown, so the potatoes were born!


I think they look so cute as a little group. I wish I would have done the romaine a bit bigger and also somehow more 3D, but I am super happy with all of the little veggies. I hope K likes his root vegetable (and romaine) harvest!


Wish me luck on the final wall (and window). It should be done within this next week -- or he's not getting this for his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment